Women of WAPAC
It has been so fun to see, read, and hear the hearts of our women across the district during this strange time. I have truly been encouraged by so many things posted on Facebook and wondered if, as a district, we could come up with something on a tangible level. Years ago, women in communities had sewing circles and quilting bees that met together to share, cry, laugh, pray, and support each other. We don’t do that these days, but I wondered if we could do something that might the same result. Could we put these things to paper? I’d like to propose putting together a little book of daily thoughts, prayers, scriptures, pictures (many of you have excellent artistic skills), etc. that have helped you cope and just quite honestly have helped you keep your head above water.
I think, if we all work together, we could come up with enough for each day of the year. You are more than welcome to share this plan with your church ladies and have them submit an entry too. I’d like to have something to pass out at our next year’s district assembly Women’s Luncheon. This would give us enough time to really think through and pray for direction, write for permission to use someone else’s thoughts, create a drawing, etc. and for me to compile, type and print. Let’s see what we can do. I’m thinking on the lines of a table stand up flip devotional thought or small booklet. Something that is thought provoking, but simple to start the day off, but I’d like it to be the words of “our women” here on “our district”. Many of you have wonderful things to say and they need to be shared! During this time in our culture, we need each other more than ever. There are so many unknowns out there. What will church, ministry look like after this pandemic is over? I think our world as we know it may never be the same again! I’ve been listening to Hillsong’s song, “I’ll Never Be”and even though it’s for different circumstances, the words are stuck in my head as I think about our future.
Here’s some guidelines:
- Word length – 250 – 500 max!
- Needs to include a scripture (give the version)
- Devotional thought – what do you want the reader to think about during the day? What dp upi want them to do as a result of the Holy Spirit’s work and your words?
- Can include a prayer or …”Think About Today” at end
- Give credit to the appropriate resource for anything quoted. Some quoted materials you get written permission. Check it out and do your research on that.
- Names and churches will be printed on the devotional
- Contact information will need to be included
- Electronic entries only
- Deadline to submit: December 1st (before holidays and before District Assembly preparations start)
- Pictures must be original art that include a scripture to go with it and possibly a prayer for the day
If you have questions or need more clarification – please let me know. I’d love to have the majority of the entries come from our pastor’s wives and female pastors/associates. Let’s see what we can do! I’m excited. If this is just a bust…I’ll graciously bow out, but I really think we can do this! May God bless you in all you do. I am so very thankful for each of you and pray for you as God lays your name on my heart.
You are loved!
360-350-9878 (cell phone); 360-489-1060 (office)